Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Roll Call - Scott

T-5 days!!! Holy cow! I think I'm ready in more ways than one. I'd go do it today if I could. I'm studied up and ready to take the test. I'm also ready to be done. Training fatigue has bothered my left knee a bit this past month. Luckily, a low dose of Advil is handling it on the worst days, so it's obviously not too bad.

It looks like the group logistics are on track. I've got my personal packing and travel plan laid out. It sounds like others have arranged meals, etc. Thank you!!!

Finally, my fundraiser is on track. I believe I'll have about $2000 by race day. I can't say enough about the generosity of my friends and family. On a side note, my car broke down on the way to work today and four people stopped in rush hour traffic in the first five minutes to help me. My faith in others is very high right now. I'll need that Sunday.

My charity has made me famous (ha, ha). Check this out:
http://www.alphaone.org/news/not-a-serious-runner-but-a-dad-with-a-cause

Since I'm on the fly-in, run, fly-out itinerary, I won't see you guys until about 2:00 Saturday at the Expo.

Pray for continued health through the weekend.

No comments: