2009 Living In Faith Exchange Runners (LIFER's) Team
* Pam, Aaron, Dale, Jason, Shane, John, Chad, Bill, Tracy, Doug, Rich, Tina/Steve, Angi/Pat
* Team blog at marathon-for-life.blogspot.com.
* Team mission: God first, Defend the unborn (ProLife), Encouragement, Health
Hi, 2009 LIFER's Team!
Note our current 2009 team members listed above, including the following new members: Pam McGushin, Tina Castle, Aaron Ferrie, Dale Sundermann, Jason Peters, and Shane Hall. Welcome! Let me know if anyone else wants to join us. Team membership simply entails being part of the LIFE Devotions Group and racing the marathon for ProLife. Like 2008, let's expect big things as we grow closer together (Body of Christ) and closer to God! Completing a marathon is a huge accomplishment (all glory to God!), but this is merely our vehicle (fueled by faith) to save physical and spiritual lives by defending the unborn. The marathon training will provide many opportunities for us to live out our faith (prayer, sacrifice, action) as we become part of the solution to end abortion in America.
The votes are in...we will be racing the Twin Cities Marathon next year (Sun, 4 Oct)! Here are the top three.
* Twin Cities (9 votes): #1 (6), #2 (2), #3 (1)
* Omaha (5 votes): #1 (1), #2 (3), #3 (1)
* Marine Corps (4 votes): #1 (2), #3 (2)
* Voted most beautiful urban marathon in America.
* Cool weather.
* Teammates with connections there: Aaron, Steve, Doug, others?
* 10 mile run in conjunction with the marathon. This is a nice option for injury set backs and training time limitations.
* "The runners are treated great, the crowds are energetic."
* Just under 8,000 runners (really nice size).
I am truly proud to be part of our team of Christ disciples who defend the defenseless unborn and celebrate God's gift of life through marathon running!
Run for ProLife,