Monday, September 1, 2008

August Roll Call (Tracy)

August has been an intense month for me. My mileage has ramped up quickly and I will be tackling my second 20 miler this weekend. I feel great, other than an annoying hip pain (I think it's my hip flexor). It usually just bothers me at the beginning of a run, but loosens up once I get started. I ran a half-marathon today to get a better idea of my target pace and I felt great and ran much faster than I had hoped. I'm so thankful for the weekend group runs now that the Peakers have conquered the "mountain"!. My husband is even more appreciative that he can now sleep instead of waking up before sunrise each Saturday to accompany me on his bike for my long run. I'm looking forward to Chicago. I can't believe it's just over a month away! Happy training!

No comments: