Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GPS Clydesdale Monday Weigh-in

Greetings All!
I know this isn't Monday, but it will do. We had some wicked heat this past weekend and I postponed my long run scheduled for Sunday to yesterday. I had a decent run through the first 15.5 miles, but bonked the last 1.5 miles of my run. I basically walk/ran the last bit of my long run. I still got the 17 miles in, but it's just not as gratifying if you have to walk some of it.

I'm sure being 11pm at night and pitch black along our bike trails had nothing to do with it. I'm going to be buying some sort of light for my early morning/late evening runs. It gets down right creepy with raccoons growling and hissing at you and things jumping around in the brush as you run by.

I think I got a bit dehydrated too; I started really cramping up in my lower legs and had some stomach cramps going on. Drinking seemed to make it worse. I did feel very good this morning upon waking - much better than I have felt on my previous long runs.

I weighed in this morning at...

208lb's!

I continue to "lean up" so I'm just keepin' on keepin' on.

Safe and healthy training for all - Take care!

No comments: