* Mission: God first, Protect the Unborn (& parents), Encourage, Health
* Team (18): Jason/Deanna Peters, Rich/Erica Reich, Pat/Angi Castle, Aaron/Brenda Ferrie, Becky Loving Gregory, Rob Rysavy, Scott Casmer, John Shannon, Deborah Bertsch, Ardis Moeller, Dale Sundermann, Mandi Poss, Mark/Kia Rector
* Marathons for ProLife FB page, Alpha Center (crisis pregnancy bus), LIFE Group Devotions (FB)
LIFE Runners Team,
Only 1 wk to go...get set for our race day defense of the Unborn! The "REMEMBER" picture was taken at the Holocaust memorial in Boston (before the 2009 Boston Marathon)...notice that my shoes are on the starting line of our next race...let's pray fervently that someday soon this will represent the finish line for the abortion holocaust. This picture inspired our "REMEMBER The Unborn" jerseys (Steve Castle's idea). Thanks to Rich Reich for designing our new LIFE Runners logo (on blog/FB).
SPONSORS GOAL: Each teammate donates to the Alpha Center and raises at least $200 (or 5 sponsors). We have raised many miles, prayers and funds...to help protect the Unborn (and parents). As of 2 Sep, we have 90 sponsors (list), and the Alpha Center (crisis pregnancy bus) has received 70 donations ($5,444) for LIFE Runners. 90% of Mothers who see their Unborn baby with an ultrasound...don't abort! Invite your sponsors to receive the LIFE Group Devotions (FB). Let's lift up prayers of thanksgiving for our sponsors.
ACTIVITIES (11 Sep):
* O'G Tour (8 AM, 41st & Kiwanis Ave)
* Alpha Center Tour (9 AM, 801 E. 41st St)
* Packet Pickup (10 AM, Scheels All Sports, 41st & Western Ave)
* St. Theresa Mass (4 PM, 901 North Tahoe Trail): Invite family/friends.
* Prerace Meal (5:30 PM, Sue/Bill Peters home, 4400 River Oaks Circle): Please arrive between 5 and 5:30 PM (for team photo).
PRAYER REQUEST: Fr. Jonathan (LIFE Runner) shared, "I’m praying for all the LIFE Runners." The same weekend as our race, he is the chaplain for a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat, a ministry for Women and Men who are seeking healing from abortion. Fr Jonathan asked us to offer up a mile of the race as a prayer for the retreatants and retreat team...let's also pray for him!
We are going to enjoy most of the Sioux Falls Half/Full Marathon race miles and endure a few of them...when the running gets tough, "REMEMBER The Unborn". Looking forward to praying with everyone before the race and high fiving everyone after the race...see you soon!
Running for ProLife,
LIFE Group Devotions (FB)