Wednesday, May 14, 2008

April Roll Call (Clydesdale)

Ok, first off, I know this is extremely late (it's May for goodness sake - I'm a loser for even posting this). Second off, I'm a large human being (6'4" and 215lb's). I'm gravity challenged. I have to say that I have gotten extremely soft since last December (last real running routine). The right knee (bursitis) has been coming around the last 10 days and I have run a couple of times with encouraging results (no dry heaves or vomiting). This coming week is my make or break week to begin my official training-to-start-training in June. I've also been battling some wicked fatigue (most likely related to an autoimmune disorder that rises up to spank me every now and then). Nothing like sleeping for 10 hours and feeling exhausted upon waking.

Here's the deal - I need everyone to bombard me over the next week with emails insulting my manhood; my fat, pudgy behind; my wanna-be running shoes sitting by my front door; just whatever it takes to make this top of mind. I respond well to insults, rants, and belittling. Sometimes, I just need a 2x4 upside the skull. So, let's bring it on!

Big Poppy (ok, just Steve)

No comments: