Monday, May 26, 2008

Pat nuggets #8


Living In Faith Exchange Runners (LIFER's) Chicago Marathon Team
* Shane, John, Tracy, Steve, Chad, Bill, Rich, Courtney, Angi, Pat, Scott, Ben, Doug, Kevin
--------------------
Hi, LIFER's Team:

Hope everyone did some training over the Memorial Day weekend. Angi and I did 10 miles in the Garden of the Gods followed by 1.5 hrs on the Peak. Angi saw a guy coming down the Peak on a unicycle! Apparently, he is not the only person crazy enough to try mountain unicycling ("MUni") http://www.unicycling.com/muni/.

May Roll Call: Glad to hear from Angi, Rich, and Chad. Hope to hear from the rest of our team this week. Please title your post "May Roll Call (name)" and label the post "Roll Calls" (bottom open box). The Roll Calls help us build team spirit, collaborate on running issues, share our faith, and encourage each other.
* Rich is helping me design a trophy for the best Roll Call. We will all vote on the best one soon before the Chicago Marathon and present the award the night before the marathon.

Nicknames: If you have a nickname, please include it in the May Roll Call and explain the origin. If you don't have a nickname, we will find you one :)! Here are a few that I know...feel free to change them for our group.
* Steve (Big Poppy), John (Duke), Angi (Anginator), Pat (Mountain Antelope), Rich (Moby), Bill (Willy), Doug (Dougy Fresh), Scott (Skippy), Chad (Dr. Music)
* Paige told me that I have "antelope eyes." This motivated me to visualize myself as a wild "mountain antelope" while training for the Pikes Peak Marathon...also helps me slide under fences (or gates) while running (an antelope trait). Rich will have to share the story of when I talked him into going under a gated no trespassing utilities road up in the mountains (for a new running route)...I regretted it! Rich calls me P. Diddy because I mistakenly thought he called me that over the phone. In high school, my best pals called me Casman. Feel free to use these nicknames or give me a new one :).

Training: The 18 wk marathon training schedule begins on 8 Jun...be sure to use it!

Run for ProLife,
Pat
Phil 4:13

* Team mission: God first, ProLife, encouragement, fitness!
* Team blog at marathon-for-life.blogspot.com.
* ProLife support: I have ProLife wristbands for everyone. Start asking friends and family to sponsor you ($/mile) to raise money for a ProLife ministry of your choice.

No comments: