Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May Roll Call - Rich


After months of research, I have finally decided to use my Chicago Marathon run to raise money for the Arbor House of Gainesville, Florida. The Arbor House is a home that offers programs for expectant and single mothers as they search for successful plans for their lives and the lives of their children. For more information, visit the following site: http://www.arborhouse.org/.
I have worked up to a 10 mile run on my treadmill with a 5% incline in preparation to run the Garden of Gods 10 miler with Angi. I am sorry to say that I did not have any duct tape available for my training.
duct tape (dukt tap) n. 1. strong, versatile tape used to cover all breathing passages to simulate high altitude conditions during training. 2. adhesive used to adhere Twinkies to the surface of the body as a remedy for "poor me syndrome."
See you soon.

No comments: