Saturday, May 17, 2008

May Roll Call (Pat)


Living In Faith Exchange Runners (LIFER's) Chicago Marathon Team
* Shane, John, Tracy, Steve, Chad, Bill, Rich, Courtney, Angi, Pat, Scott, Ben, Doug, Kevin
------------------
Hi, LIFER's Team:

Please do a May Roll Call blog post with any updates on goals, inspirations, training, injuries, and ProLife fundraising by Wed, 21 May. This is to help us build team spirit, collaborate on running issues, share our faith, and encourage each other.

* Encouragement (aka "smack talk"): Steve wrote: "I need everyone to bombard me with emails insulting my pudgy behind; my wanna-be running shoes sitting by my front door; just whatever it takes to make this top of mind. I respond well to insults, rants, and belittling. So, let's bring it on! Big Poppy"

* Training: The 18 wk marathon training schedule begins on 8 Jun...be sure to use it! Run a local race each month leading up to the marathon to help maintain your training focus. The LIFER's from C. Springs plan to run the Garden of the Gods 10 miler (8 Jun) and the Bear Creek Park 12K (6 Jul), and the Pikes Peak Ascent/Marathon (16/17 Aug). Rich will be here for the Garden 10 miler, and Steve will be here for the Ascent.

* Inspiration (wow!): This short video clip will definitely help prevent the poor me syndrome http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513.

I am very proud of our team's mission and priorities (God first, ProLife, encouragement, fitness)!

Run for ProLife,
Pat
Phil 4:13

* LIFER's Chicago Marathon Team blog at marathon-for-life.blogspot.com.
* ProLife Ministry Support: I have ProLife wristbands for everyone. Start asking friends and family to sponsor you ($/mile) to raise money for a ProLife ministry of your choice. Angi and I plan to donate to the local crisis pregnancy center.

No comments: