Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14th GPS Clydesdale Weigh-in

I had a wonderful weekend of running and play. For my birthday, we played paintball on a rural course about 30 minutes from Sioux Falls. It was a total blast and I highly recommend this activity for all us fit people. The balls can hurt like the dickens and I have a few nice sized welts (i.e. "man jewelry", badges of honor), but the adrenaline rush and overall fun factor far outweigh the pain. I've already got Pat marked for next summer.

My wife planned the activity and joined in as well - she held her own and did as well as any of the guys. For those of you that know my brother Dan, he was a total kamikaze, sacrificing his body for the good of the team - it was legendary. He has some wicked marks to show for his efforts.

Anyways, I ran 7 on Saturday + paintball for 6 hours, and 14 on Sunday, so a decent weekend of activity overall. It made up for a poor outing this past week. My body was telling me it needed rest and I complied taking Monday, Thursday, and Friday completely off going into the weekend. I feel great today, though.

Without further adieu, I weighed in this morning AT...

213

That's a 4 pound drop from last week! Feeling great, and my wife says she can see my love handles wilting away. I can definitely tell in my runs as well - my legs felt much stronger this past weekend.

No comments: