Sunday, July 6, 2008

June Roll Call (Rich)

For the month of June, I did the majority of my running indoors on my treadmill. I have been trying to maintain race pace for all of my mid-week runs (7:13, 8.3 mph). My goal is to try to speed up my long runs to race pace. Today I have a 12 mile run ahead of me and there is a torrential downpour outside, so it looks like I will be on the treadmill yet again. I find that the treadmill is too noisy to listen to TV so I just listen to my IPOD shuffle. It is too bad that we are not allowed to run with IPODs for the Chicago marathon. I find that listening to music helps me maintain a steady pace and makes the time go by faster. I have been keeping a running log on Excel. I tried to screen capture the spreadsheet for this blog, but the text showed up too small to read, so you'll just have to trust me on this one. I have been trying to find creative activities to do on my cross training days, and I recently bought a Nintendo Wii. I have found the boxing pretty aerobic. It is easy to get the hard pumping while dodging virtual punches.

No comments: