Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pat Note #4

Living In Faith Exchange Runners (LIFER's)
* Shane, John, Tracy, Steve, Chad, Bill, Lindsay, Rich, Courtney, Angi, Pat, Scott?
----------------------------------------------------
Hi, LIFER's:

Registration:
* Shane Hall registered this past Friday! Shane said, "I guess I can't let that go to waist" [regarding the registration $]. I replied, "The marathon training will be good for your "waist" :)!"

* Scott Casmer is still "on the fence." I think he is ready to get on our side of the fence based on this message from Fri night :), "OK, nut job. I've been doing some homework on this marathon thing. I'm fairly close to doing enough research." Let's all encourage him to register and officially join the LIFER's Chicago Marathon Team!

Running Goals: I noticed that Courtney posted her goals on the blog today, but for whatever reason, I did not get an auto notification email. So far, the following LIFER's have posted their goals: Steve, Rich, Chad, Angi, Pat, and now Courtney. To see their goals, simply click on the "GOALS" label (right side of blog, scroll down).

Stretching: I suggest doing a 2 min walk, ease into the first mile, finish hard, shuffle jog for one min (warm down), AND THEN stretch your warm muscles. You could pull something if you stretch cold muscle.

Fuel/Hydration: Food is fuel! Like Scott, I focus on three square meals. I also try to hydrate well: liquid with all meals, glass of water before and during dinner, and often glass of water before bed (recovering from hard workout or preparing for big workout next morning).

Training: For mapping your run milage, Scott suggest Google Earth (Tools->Ruler->Path function). Angi provided this website http://www.mapmyrun.com/.

ProLife fundraising: Scott suggested that we use this website to organize our fundraising: www.firstgiving.com/Design/1/sign_up_nonprofit_info.asp. More to come.

Inspiration: John Shannon shared this story about a 101-year-old man training for the London Marathon: sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=britmarathon030508&prov=reuters&type=lgns. John wrote, "Pat, I see you beating this guys record ~70 yrs from now J!" God, Angi, and knees willing, I would like to go for it J!

Run for ProLife!,
Pat
Phil 4:13

* LIFER's Chicago Marathon Team blog at marathon-for-life.blogspot.com.
* Training: Our blog has a link to Hal Higdon's 18 wk training guides for novice, intermediate, and advanced runners (starts 8 Jun).
* ProLife Ministry Support: I have our wristbands. More to come on sign up sheets for logging sponsors ($/mile).

No comments: