Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Running Goals (Chad)

Last week I praised myself on running 4 miles in about 26 minutes: roughly a six minute mile. I then found myself having a very difficult time just getting 3 miles in 30minutes on the treadmill. Having heard from Angi that she finds running outside easier than a treadmill this didn't bother me so much. However, I decided to re-check my mileage with our vehicles. Turns out that I had barely ran just over 2.5 miles. =) Wow, how cool am I.Today I did the actual 4 miles and it was about 28 minutes; roughly 9.5 minute miles. =)

Goals:
1. work up to an eight minute mile over a 5 mile run.
2. Break 5 hours in Chicago

1 comment:

Pat Castle said...

Hi, Chad:

Regarding your goals:

* Marathon: Breaking 5 hrs in the marathon is a realistic goal...you will likely break 4:30. We will see how your training mile pace is looking a few weeks out from the race and then determine your marathon race pace.

* 5 miles: An 8 min per mile pace is a more realistic goal than 6 min per mile (for 5 miles). I'm not so sure that I could run a 6 mile pace for 5 miles :). Ok for me to edit your post for an 8 min mile pace goal (for 5 miles)?