Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Running Goals (Angi)

As of March 1st, I'm now out of maintenance mode and back to ramping up training for what looms in the distance (the majestic Peak) and to the East (the exciting streets of Chicago). I was really inspired to get back to serious running after watching "The Spirit of the Marathon" with my good friend and running buddy, Courtney (a fellow LIFER runner). Here are my goals for this season:
1. To support our mission (Right to Life)
2. Like Steve-to be below 200lbs. (hee hee)
3. Like Rich-to avoid the medic tent (hey-I've been there at Indy mini marathon)
4. Like Chad-to run a 6 min. mile pace (I'm sorry Chad, I just had to)
5. Seriously-to add more core training to my regimen
6. To add weekly speed workouts
7. To complete the Triple Crown (Garden of Gods-10miler; Bear Creek Park-12K; and Pikes Peak Ascent (in under 4:15)
8. To finish strong at Chicago with a sub 4 hour time (O2 rich air and no hills!!!)

Run for Life,
Angi

No comments: