Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running Goals (Tracy)

I think I'm the last one to post my goals, but better late than never, right? Here goes:

1) Realize (again) why I have always loved to run – just me, God’s amazing creation (especially in CO), and the peace and quiet to hear His voice and relax from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
2) Become more educated about the ProLife movement and do my part to raise awareness.
3) Complete the training and the marathon while avoiding injury (I’ve had intermittent problems with IT band and bursitis injuries since my competitive running days in college). Hopefully I’ve learned by now how to avoid those all-so-pleasant overuse injuries.
4) Finish the marathon in under 4 hrs – once I get into my training I’ll hopefully be able to refine this goal a little more
5) After the marathon, maintain a healthy and more balanced lifestyle: good food, more consant fitness level, positive attitude, and a growing faith.

I've always said I would run a marathon someday, so I guess I'm finally going to do it. I'm super excited especially since I'm not just running a marathon, but I'm running it for such an important cause. I'm sure it will be a challenging journey, but that's usually what helps us grow the most. And maybe after my husband, Demi, sees how much fun it is, he'll want to join me next time :)

No comments: