Sunday, April 20, 2008

Apr Roll Call (Scott)

All right, I'm checking in.

Logistics:
* I have a flight that lands Saturday at 11:56am at O'Hare.
* I have a Saturday night reservation at the same hotel as the group.
* I leave Sunday at 7:55pm from O'Hare.

Training:
* I have a hybrid approach to my training, since I'm doing the Ascent in August. This training is unusual in that it focuses on minutes of running instead of distance.
* As of this weekend, I hit 102 minutes, which turned out to be about 11 miles.
* I'm running 2-3 times during the week for 50-60 minutes (~5.5-6.5 miles).
* I will switch over to the Higdon schedule after the Ascent in August.

Goals:
* It's all about finishing without injury.
* I registered for 3:45, but I'm clueless what it means to go that distance. The only 1/2 marathon length race I've done is the Ascent, which is mostly speed hiking. I've never done a marathon.
* Improving my health (mind, body, spirit)
* Fellowship

Go Clydesdales!!! (runners over about 170 pounds)

No comments: