Monday, April 21, 2008

April Roll Call (John - AKA "Duke")

Hi fellow Lifer's- I am finally checking in. New to the blogging scene.....


Training:
  • After many months of resting my lower back & body it's time to get my butt in gear & hit the pavement again! It's been too long....
  • I have been working out on an elliptical trainer for a few weeks now, 3-5 days per week. My plan is to move training outside and start running. I feel as though I have become a fair weather runner this year.
  • Will start slow with 3-4 milers x 3-5days per week until I am happy with my lower back & have built a base to work from.
  • I will also add some cross training to the mix : Bike riding / Elliptical training
Goals:
  • Have fun & enjoy the ride!
  • Become stronger - Mentally, Spiritually, & Physically
  • Overcome the lower Back problems in 08' -Bulging disc problem is still not resolved. Right leg is not functioning properly as a result...
  • Fit some local trail races in this year. Mingo trail race in June would be a great starter...
  • Stay healthy & complete the Chicago marathon in 3:30.....
  • Get to know my fellow Lifer's better & support overall goals of our team!
  • Train on absolutely flat land this year! No Hills.... Ok maybe a few overpasses.
Duke

No comments: